Avoiding Moisture Problems in the Home
Posted: Wednesday February 3, 2021
There are many hidden sources of moisture in your home that can lead to serious problems, such as mould.
To keep moisture levels in check, consider these tips:
- Bathrooms are an obvious source of moisture build-up. Contractor and TV personality Mike Holmes recommends keeping the fan going for at least half an hour after a shower.
- Check regularly for water infiltration around window and door sills, as well as other intakes into the home, such as dryer vents and cable wiring.
- Determine the humidity level in your home. According to the Environmental Protection Agency, it should be 30-60%. (Keep in mind that humidity may vary greatly from room to room.)
- Regularly inspect caulking around sinks, tubs and showers. Even a tiny break can cause water to leak gradually into the wall or floor, causing damage you may not notice for months.
- Clean up wet spills as soon as possible. Be particularly careful with hardwood floors, as water can seep through and become trapped.
- Repair leaking faucets and pipes immediately. Even a small drip can add significant moisture inside a vanity or kitchen cupboard.
Being mindful of moisture today can help you avoid potentially high repair bills later on.
This blog is sponsored by Ixact.
5 WAYS TO BECOME RESPONSIBLE HOMEOWNERS
HOW TO AFFORD TO BUY YOUR FIRST HOME
WHAT YOU SHOULD THINK ABOUT WHEN RENTING AN APARTMENT
4 TIPS FOR SELECTING THE RIGHT PAINT COLOR FOR ANY ROOM
TIPS TO PLAN AND DESIGN YOUR SCREEN PORCH
5 HOME IMPROVEMENTS WITH THE BIGGEST RETURN ON INVESTMENT
5 THINGS TO DO THIS YEAR IF YOUR GOAL IS TO BUY A HOME
HOW TO CREATE A CHILD-FRIENDLY KITCHEN
3 MISTAKES TO AVOID WHEN HIRING A HOUSE PAINTER
CLEVER CLOSET SOLUTIONS FOR RENTERS
7 ORGANIZATION FOR A BETTER HOME OFFICE EXPERIENCE
EMPTY NESTER? WHY IT MAKES MORE SENSE TO MOVE RATHER THAN RENOVATE
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT FLOOD INSURANCE AND WHETHER YOU NEED IT OR NOT
CREATE YOUR HOME(WORK) STATION
DECORATING IDEAS FOR APARTMENT LIVING ROOMS
5 BASIC THINGS EVERY REAL ESTATE INVESTOR SHOULD KNOW
HOW TO PREPARE FOR RENTING YOUR FIRST APARTMENT
THE AVERAGE COST OF ADDING A KITCHENETTE
REDECORATING YOUR KITCHEN? HERE ARE A FEW IDEAS
KEEP YOUR PLACE IN PERFECT SHAPE WHILE YOU’RE AWAY
3 TIPS FOR MAKING YOUR HOME APPEAR PET-FREE WHEN TRYING TO SELL IT
HOW TO INCREASE YOUR HOME’S VALUE WITH WATERPROOFING
6 IDEAS FOR ORGANIZING YOUR CLOSET
TOP 6 FEATURES OF A PROFITABLE RENTAL PROPERTY
5 BASIC IDEAS OF MODERN HOME DECOR
HOW LONG YOU SHOULD LIVE IN YOUR HOME BEFORE SELLING IT?
4 TIPS ON HOW YOU CAN SELL YOUR HOME FAST
7 STUNNING WAYS TO DECORATE YOUR LIVING ROOM
4 THINGS TO AVOID WHEN SELLING YOUR HOME
6 TIPS FOR BUYING YOUR FIRST RENTAL PROPERTY
RENT OR BUY A HOME? THE BEST OPTION FOR YOU
7 HELPFUL USES FOR LAUNDRY DETERGENT
6 ROOM DECORATION IDEAS FOR YOUR HOME
5 BATHROOM PAINT COLOR TRENDS
HOW TO GET THE MOST FOR YOUR MONEY IN A SELLER’S MARKET
HOW TO KEEP CLEAN AND SAFE RENTAL PROPERTIES
7 INTERIOR TRENDING DECOR IDEAS
5 TOP REAL ESTATE NEGOTIATION STRATEGIES
BUYING A BATHTUB? HERE’S EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW
Avoiding Moisture Problems in the Home
Create More Space in your Kitchen
Balancing the Emotional and Practical Sides of Buying a Home
4 REASONS TO GET INTO REAL ESTATE AND STAY IN IT
HOW TO GET BUILT-IN SHELVES ON A BUDGET
How to Quickly Improve Indoor Air Quality
Conversation with Jenna McKay
Estimating Your Selling Costs
Healthy Lighting for Your Home
Real Estate Chat with Kyle Kerr
Morning Chat with Melissa McCullough
Regina and area March 2020 Market Update
WHAT TO REPAIR BEFORE YOU LIST
First Time Home Buyer Tax Credit
Making “Neighbourhood Targeting” Work for You
January 2019 Market Update
Should You Move or Renovate?
Light Your Way to a Faster Sale
4 Ways to Make the Home Hunting Process Easier
Tips for Selling Your Home In a Slower Market
3031 Fuller Place, East Regina
7 Emerald Vista, White City Sk
Home Tour: 2169 McTavish Street, Regina SK
8 Mistakes to Avoid When Buying a Home
Tips for Showing your Home